I have to admit that i was both excited and yet skeptical when I got the opportunity to review Sea-Bands. If you follow my blog you'll know that i am a migraine sufferer! But while reviewing them i realized that my migraines don't actually come with nausea so i wasn't sure how I'd review them...but when getting ready for a trip to visit family I finally clued in! My youngest is prone to car-sickness! She loves to read or play her DS to keep her occupied, but mix that with a 1 hour car ride and that spells disaster! So she eagerly put on the bands, and was happy to find that not ONCE did she feel sick!! I admit i thought it might have been a fluke(i'm a skeptic)...but they worked again on the next trip a week later! and again on the 2.5 hr car trip with her dad to the zoo! So Orangie has claimed the Sea-Bands to be all hers. She loves them! (and so do I!)
Did you know that 28 million Americans suffer from migraines! Are you one of them or do you know someone who does? If so, you understand that these chronic headaches are exceptionally debilitating and, on top of the intense pain, can trigger nausea that makes them even more uncomfortable to deal with (eight out of 10 people who are diagnosed with migraines report experiencing nausea). Plus, nausea makes it difficult to keep down the medication needed to treat the migraine to begin with.
This is where Sea-Band Drug Free Nausea Relief Bands can help. A study conducted at the Berolina Clinik (which specializes in migraine and headache therapy) in Loehne, Germany, showed that 85% of chronic migraine sufferers who participated by wearing Sea-Band (acupressure wristbands better known for helping people with motion/travel sickness and morning sickness) during a migraine attack reported positive results:
- 41 patients participated in the test; participants had, on average, suffered from migraines for more than 26 years
- All participants had forgone the use of anti-emetics (anti-nausea drugs) for the purpose of this study
- 83% indicated a perceptible reduction in nausea associated with migraine as a result of wearing Sea-Band
- 44% indicated a significant reduction in overall (collective) migraine symptoms
- Relief was reported after an average of 28 minutes of wearing the Sea-Bands
- Nearly all participants (98%) said they’d use Sea-Band again
Approved by the FDA, Sea-Band works by exerting constant, gentle pressure on a point on the inner wrist known as the Pericardium 6 (P6) acupressure point. It brings effective relief and can be used before or after the onset of nausea. Sea-Band has traditionally been used to effectively reduce nausea from morning sickness, travel sickness, chemotherapy and post surgery. The all-natural, drug-free, latex-free Sea-Band does not cause side-effects often associated with anti-nausea medication such as drowsiness, disorientation, dry mouth or possible interactions with other drugs. It’s safe for patients taking prescription medications, pregnant women and children. Packaged in a convenient carry-case, they are washable and reusable, and one size fits most.
Sea-Bands may be used to relieve motion sickness, morning sickness and cancer nausea and vomiting. To ensure your Sea-Bands work properly, please follow the instructions below to position your wristbands correctly.
- Place your middle three fingers on the inside of your wrist with the edge of the third finger on the wrist crease. The Nei-Kuan point is just under the edge of your index finger between the two central tendons.
- Position the button facing downward over the Nei-Kuan point. Repeat the process for the other wrist.
- One band must be worn on each wrist to be effective. Sea-Bands can be put onto your wrist before you start travelling, or after you have started your journey.
- Sea-Band is suitable for adults and children.
To learn more and to take advantage of special giveaways, connect with Sea-Band on Facebook at www.facebook.com/seaband
- Follow me with GFC or my RSS feed.
- Like Sea-Bands on Facebook.
- Like Home of OHM on Facebook.
- Follow @orangeheromama on Twitter.
- Tweet about this giveaway! (1x per day, please leave link to tweet)
- Grab my button for your blog! (let me know where to find it!)
** I received my Sea-Bands for free in exchange for my honest review!