I just really like a nice candle on the table at dinner, or while having a nice relaxing evening with the mr, or candles out on the patio. I love the warm glow and the wonderful scent that they bring while burning. It's soothing and relaxing for me.
When offered the chance to review a Hunny B's soy candle, I obviously wasn't going to turn it down!
I was impressed when i learned that they have OVER 300 scents! Seriously, the list goes on and on! There are so many fabulous ones that i would have loved to try out! I was also impressed that they have quite a few copy-cat scents from one of my fave candle companies! LOVE it!
- HunnyB's Soy Candles was founded by A Mother, that had a dream! A dream of doing something that she enjoys, so please check out the website!
- HunnyB's Soy Candles are made of 100% non toxic, clean burning soy.
- Also specialize in votives, tea lights and tart blocks..
Candle Creativity is all the BUZZ at HunnyB's!
- Choose Your Jar
- Select Your Scent (over 300 scents!)
- Pick Your Colour (over 25 colours!)
- YOU customize your very own candle!
The candle I received for review (as pictured above) was the Coconut Lime Verbena scent. It came in the 6.5 oz jar, which was just the right size for my tiny bathroom counter! I believe that it's the Sunflower yellow, which is a nice vibrant colour, just perfect for summer! The scent upon opening the jar is absolutely WONDERFUL. The fresh citrus-y scent just really makes me smile. I did have a bit of user error when burning for the first time, but once i trimmed the wick really short before lighting again it burned beautifully! No soot, no giant flame, it was 'just right'. My only complaint is that I found there wasn't enough scent while burning. I had it burning in my small guest bath, and even after burning for an hour there was only a very light scent. But i would certainly prefer that over an overpowering scent!
So what were some of the other scents that I would have loved to try out?
- Almond Cake: A sweet, powdery almond cake with a light, fluffy moist effect.
- Cinnamon Apple Berry*: A duplicate of the popular Yankee Candle fragrance.
- Fresh Baked Bread: Reminiscent of a fresh loaf straight out of the oven.
- Green Tea & Cucumber: A duplicate of the popular Bath and Body Works* fragrance, a sensual blend of cool citrus and melon with rich florals and a long lasting drydown of musk and cedarwood notes.
- Lemongrass Sage*: Smells just like the popular Bath & Body Works* fragrance.
- Plum Streusel: A sweet fruit medley with hints of peach, strawberry, banana, cherry, apple, grape and orange with a background of cinnamon, clove and vanilla.
- Sex on the Beach: Just like the drink! A bouquet with fruity and floral notes along with spices and vanilla.
- Tuscan Herb*: A duplication of the popular Pier 1* fragrance, a very herbaceous accord with a heart of green notes and undertone of citrus.
You can buy one of their candles right away by going HERE....or...
One lucky Home of OHM reader will win a HunnyB Soy Candle!
(open to Can/US, ends May 23 at 11:59pm EST)