I absolutely LOVE rice pudding, but never seem to enjoy it other than at a buffet...so I put aside my to-do list and whipped up a batch!
I used the 'Creamy Rice Pudding Recipe' from allrecipes.com. It's a nice, basic recipe that got the best ratings! YAY!
1) cooking up the rice! (i used long grain white, because that's all I had..apparently if you use short grain(or medium grain) it has a better texture. Long grain tastes fine to me, and satisfied the rice pudding craving! :)
2) Mmm..simmering with the milk and sugar.
3) Removed from heat and stirring in the final ingredients. (Don't decide to sample it here just yet, you'll burn your tongue...trust me! lol) *oh! and I added in the nutmeg and cinnamon in here..i prefer it mixed right in.
4) I sent mine to the refridgerator to chill in a pretty Pyrex dish...must remember not to sample again until AFTER dinner! ;)
* I like mine served cold in a pretty dish, topped with some whipped cream and sprinkled with a bit more cinnamon.
So many people I have talked to are either lovers or haters of rice pudding...which team are you on?