One of my favourite fall treats is a big dish of apple crisp. It's just one of those feel-good comfort foods. Who isn't a big fan of apple & cinnamon?! BUT instead of the calorie-laden one that the mr makes I decided to try making a lower cal one...and it worked out wonderfully! Only 199 calories per serving!
- 5 large apples (peeled, cored, sliced)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (not packed) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. margarine/butter
- Mix first 4 ingredients and place into 9" square baking dish (or 8x11)
- In small bowl, mix crumble toppings until 'crumbly'. Sprinkle over apple mix.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until apples are soft and crumble is golden. Approx 30 mins.
ENJOY! and ps. it's absolutely delicious served warm! I couldn't resist the amazing aroma so dug in after it had been out of the oven about 10 mins! :)
Only 199 calories per serving! (when divided to 6 servings)
Additional note: Technically I will try again with even less sugar (1/8 cup) so I can have a bigger bowl, but this recipe is perfectly DELISH for that apple-cinnamon craving!