- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 7 cups of broth (I used veggie)
- 2-3 leeks (I ended up with about 2.5 cups of chopped leeks)
- 1/5 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/4 tsp of pepper)
- optional: other herbs/spices (I used a few shakes of herbes de Provence)
- Cook potatoes in broth in a stockpot until soft. Set aside. Do not drain.
- Half the leeks lengthwise, and soak in water to clean. Finely slice. Saute in butter until transparent. Add white wine, and cook for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the leeks into the broth and potato pot, and mash well or blend quickly with immersion blender. Add salt/pepper/herbs, and simmer until desired consistency. (You may need to add more broth, I only added about 1/2 cup more.)
Cook time is approx. 40 minutes. I ended up letting mine slowly simmer on the stove for an additional 45 mins until everyone was home and at the table..and more simmer time means better flavouring. YUM! Hope you enjoy!
* Simmering away...ahhhh...smells delish *
Designed to be a kitchen essential, the new Circulon® Prime range combines quality and versatility to bring a refreshing new choice of cookware that delivers a superior cooking experience. This is made possible by Circulon’s Total non-stick system, a patented hi-low circular groove technology that enhances non-stick durability. The system promotes a healthy lifestyle by delivering high performance food release without the need to cook with oils and fats. Further, each pan is induction cooktop suitable, oven and dishwasher safe, and comes with a lifetime guarantee.