Looking out my kitchen window I can't help but smile to see that my little pot of chives is happily growing away...
and I knew that I just HAD to do something with them...
Cheesy Chive Biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup salted butter
3/4 cup milk
1.5 cups shredded/grated cheese (I used marble)
2 heaped tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat the oven too 400F (205C), and grease a cookie sheet *or use a Sil-Pat liner like I did :)
2. Combine flour and baking powder.
3. Cut butter in until mixture has a fine crumbly texture.
4. Add in cheese and chives. Give a quick mix.
5. Stir in milk with a fork to make a soft dough.
6. Knead just until mixed, and then roll out to a thickness of at least 1/2 inch.
7. Cut into rounds with a cookie or biscuit cutter (Yielded about 12 biscuits with a 2.5" circle cutter)
8. Place on cookie sheet.
9. Bake approx. 13 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!
What do you like to do with chives?