Complete six of these eight activities to earn this badge.
1. Bake any TWO of the following. You may use a mix for one.
- bread or rolls(using yeast) -- baked tarts or pie -- a cake -- batch of muffins or cookies
2. Choose a dish, meal or baked item and find at least three different recipes for it. Try to find at least one healthier option.
For this one Orange explored different soups, and did a little report on them, why they were or weren't healthy.
3. Find a no-cook dessert recipe and try it.
Orangie made chocolate oatmeal pb oaties for this one.
4. Choose a traditional holiday or celebration treat that is meaningful to you and make it for your unit, family or friends.
For this one she decided to make the Resurrection Buns that we make each Easter.
5. Develop a recipe book with treat recipes from 7 different countries around the world...
She really liked working on this one..and learning what was a country and what wasn't ;)
6. Find a recipe for a frozen dessert...
7. Hold a cookie bakeoff with other in your unit...
8. Explore the presentation of desserts in magazines or at restaurants...
This was an interesting one! She 'plated' cookies on a fancy plate with a doily for me to enjoy, and sprinkled icing sugar on the bundt to make it more appealing.
Kind words left for Orangie are always appreciated!
and leave us a link if you have a girl guide page :)