The mr is the one in our house who makes the banana bread. Likely because he's the one who buys the bananas and then forgets to eat them! lol. This is the recipe we ALWAYS use. It's been tweaked to perfection over the years, and is just a good ol' recipe for banana bread.
- 2 cups flour (we use all-purpose generally, but can use 1/2 ww and 1/2 a-p when going healthier)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (I do NOT pack it)
- 2 eggs
- 3 med/lg over-ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan
- In lg bowl combine the flour and baking soda. In separate bowl cream the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and the bananas until blended well. Put banana mix into dry mix and stir until combined.
- Pour into loaf pan
- Bake for approx. 60 mins. or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool. Enjoy!
This recipe is also quite yummy with chocolate chips! :)